YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
- RIGHTS TO ACCESS, RECTIFICATION OR ERASURE, RESTRICTION AND OBJECTION, OF PROCESSING
4.1. You have the right to access, rectification, opposition, erasure (“right to be forgotten”), and right to restriction of processing of your personal data by directing any such requests to 1F4L (with company registration number 11117339) registered at address Wessex House, Teign Road, Newton Abbot, Devon, England, TQ12 4AA, UK. In order to make things easier for you, and without prejudice to the legal requirements 1F4L must comply with under the laws, 1F4L allows you to exercise the above-mentioned rights by sending an email to email@example.com
- PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT USERS AND RESPONDENTS
1F4L is used by 1F4L “Users” and by 1F4L “Respondents”. The information we receive from Users and Respondents and how we handle it differs, as set out below.
5.1. 1F4L USERS
As a User, we collect information relating to you and your use of our Services from a variety of sources:
(i) Information we collect directly from the User
- a) Registration information: information you provide to us when you register for an account.
- b) “My Account” settings: you can view and edit various preferences and personal details on “My Account” settings.
- c) 1F4L data: We store your 1F4L data for you.
- d) Plan + Billing info: we store information about your Plan.
- e) Other data you want to share: We may collect your personal information or data if you submit it to us in other contexts. For example, if you provide us with a testimonial, or when running a contest with 1F4L.
(ii) Information we collect about the User indirectly or passively when interacting with us
- a) Usage data: 1F4L collects usage data about Users whenever they interact with our services, including information they have elected to make publicly available.
- b) Device and application data: 1F4L collects data from the device and application the User uses to access our services, such as the IP address and browser type. We may also infer the geographic location based on the User IP address.
- c) Referral data: if the User arrives at a 1F4L website from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred the User to us.
- d) Information from third parties: 1F4L may collect User personal information or data from third parties if the User gives permission to those third parties to share such information with others or the data is extracted from publicly accessible sources.
For example, 1F4L may share minimal service data with a select third-party for data enrichment purposes, provided that User has given prior permission to those third parties to share such information with other parties (i.e. 1F4L may share Users’ email addresses with a third party to obtain some information like company name etc) or it comes from publicly accessible sources like social media profiles. Enriching data allows us to analyse a deeper subset of data from which we may present personalized content. Prior to sharing data with any data enrichment vendor, 1F4L signs the corresponding Data Protection Agreement with the vendor to ensure that the data is adequately protected, that it has been lawfully obtained by vendors enabling 1F4L to use such data in connection with the Services, and to ensure vendors adopt adequate security controls.
- PURPOSES AND LEGITIMATE BASIS OF THE USE AND SHARING INFORMATION
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
6.2. We also use your information to review, investigate and analyze how to improve the services provided. We may also collect and analyze your data to monitor, maintain and improve our services and features.
6.3. We may internally perform statistical and other analysis on information we collect (technical and meta data) to analyze and measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use our services, in order to. Improve and optimize our performance of such services, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our services, including to help us evaluate or devise new features.
6.4. We may use your information for internal purposes designed to keep our services secure and operational, such as testing purposes, troubleshooting, to prevent abusive activity (i.e. fraud, spam, phishing activities), and for service improvement, research and development purposes.
6.6. We’ll be sending you 1F4L product intro, tips and inspirational use cases and user stories by any means, including email and similar means of electronic communication like personalised advertisements as part of providing relevant content helpful to use our services effectively. In order to customize such information and commercial communications as much as possible, 1F4L may use statistical techniques that allow the creation of user profiles and data segmentation.
6.8. Your data is not disclosed to any third party except (i) for providing the services you requested and for which 1F4L collaborates with third parties, (ii) when we have your permission, (iii) when it is required by a competent authority in the exercise of its duties (for example in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities) or (iv) as otherwise required by law.
- LEGITIMATE BASIS OF PROCESSING
1F4L use of your data for the purposes described above is based on the following legitimate basis:
7.1 Users’ Data
If you are a User, we are entitled to use your data in order to fulfil our contractual obligations with you and, if you are acting on behalf of a legal person, we have a legitimate interest to use your data in order to maintain the relation with your company as a 1F4L client.
In addition, we are entitled by law to use your data for direct marketing purposes, in order to send you commercial communications related with 1F4L products or services which are similar to the Services, since legislation on data privacy recognizes direct marketing to clients as a legitimate interest of use of personal data, and legislation on information society services expressly allows 1F4L to send you commercial communications by electronic means, provided that they are related with products or services which are similar to the Services. In any case, you are entitled to ask us, now or at any moment, not to send you any commercial communications. If you don’t want us to send you commercial communications, you can do it, now or at any moment, by changing the communication preferences in your account settings page Additionally, all commercial communications you might receive in the future, will include an easy and free-of-charge way for you to ask us not to receive further commercial communications.
8.1 A cookie is a small string of information that the website you visit transfers to your computer for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity throughout the 1F4L Service and that information helps us to understand your preferences and improve your experience.
- CANCELING YOUR ACCOUNT, OPTING OUT OF EMAIL, AND MODIFYING PERSONAL INFORMATION
9.1 You may cancel your account and you may opt out of receiving any emails from 1F4L. Deleting your account will cause all the 1F4Ls data in the account to be permanently deleted from our systems within a reasonable time period, as permitted by law and will disable your access to any other services that require a 1F4L account. We will respond to any such request, and any appropriate request to access, correct, update or delete your personal information within the time period specified by law (if applicable) or without excessive delay. We will promptly fulfill requests to delete personal data unless the request is not technically feasible or such data is required to be retained by law (in which case we will block access to such data, if required by law).
9.2 You may modify your personal information by logging in and visiting your settings in the app.
9.3 We encourage you promptly to update your personal information when it changes. Information concerning your past behavior with the Service may be retained by 1F4L as long as necessary for the purposes set out below.
- RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
10.1. We retain information for active 1F4L Accounts as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain information from closed accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce the 1F4L Terms of Service and take other actions permitted by law.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.